Saturday, August 27, 2005

Simple Twist of Mocha

Harlem, Bronx, Morningside Heights, Harlem, Bronx, Morningside Heights. That's where I am when I'm not on a bus. Every couple of days, I walk out of my apartment, grab a 3 express, and head downtown, just to shake myself out of the school cocoon.

I took the 3 to 14th Street tonight and grabbed dinner at a Thai restaurant in Greenwich Village. After dinner, knowing I had work to do later at home, I stopped into Starbucks for a "coffee" to go. I sat down to read for a bit (despite seeing an ad for a $3,200 1 bedroom apartment in the Village that made me want to run to Penn Station for the next train back to Baltimore), and Dylan's "Simple Twist of Fate" came over the speakers. Something about hearing Dylan in a Starbucks in Greenwich Village made my head spin. I stood up and left.

Then I cued up Freewheelin' Bob Dylan on my iPod Mini. Realizing what I had just done, my head spun a little more.

Got home and put Simple Twist of Fate on my record player. It started skipping.

The machines win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home