Saturday, October 01, 2005

ha, ha

Close call last night.

I was out until about 11:30 in Hell's Kitchen interviewing someone for a profile. For some reason, the 1 line at 50th Street was only running south. I had to take a 1 down to 42nd, then switch to the 2/3 to get back to 116th. Took me foreveer.

At 116th Street, I got off the subway and walked up the steps to Malcolm X Blvd. Two young men passed me going into the subway.

One of them turned around, sprinted up the stairs, and raised his arm like he was going to tackle me. As I turned around in shock, he backed off and laughed.

"Just bein' funny."

"Okay, that's funny."

He walked back down, laughing with his friend.

He stopped short and looked back up at me. "You got two dollars?" he said.

"I got shit. Really, like shit shit." It was true. I had two pennies. He'd have been pissed if he had robbed me.

"Okay."

I am now in favor of amnesty for turnstile jumpers.

I hope things get back to normal next week, assuming this week was abnormal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home